Monday, April 23, 2012

Feeling Crafty; Sewing a Card

Do you ever use your sewing machine to make cards? I'm not talking about the Olympic-level paper crafting kind of thing that involves edge punches and heat guns and embossing powers and inks and stamps. That stuff is awesome and I am never going there. No way do I need a whole other crafty hobby.

But I do like sewing cards from time to time. This is a very simple one I made using an image from the most excellent Cathe at Just Something I Made, a printed piece of twill tape that had been lurking on my sewing table and a little leather and suede doodad I made for some other unfulfilled purpose.



In other not-really-sewing news, this online photo-cool-making app is so fun: Pixlr-o-matic. The application has two parts; one is a straight-up image editing program that seems at first glance to be good. I haven't used it with any intensity because I immediately develop a splitting headache upon trying to use any image editing software other than Adobe Photoshop. But that's just because I'm not open to change in that sphere of human endeavor.

The second part of the program is a special effects editor that imparts some really nice vintage coloring, noise and borders. I'm not sure whether the time I've spent playing with it today is long minutes lost to frivolity or productive in a manner yet to be revealed. But I recommend checking it out either way!

1 comment:

  1. Thank-you for the lovely comment on my blog.
    Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete