Friday, May 10, 2013

Outfit Round-up: May 6 through 10

I haven't made a pledge to do Me Made May, but the outfit documenting spirit is in the air and so far it's been motivating me to take a picture almost every day.

Monday, May 6: Hi, I'm Your Substitute


Inspired-by-Vogue-8691 knit dress, Simple boots. A comfortable dress for my very first time ever substitute teaching--for middle school, no less! All I can say is, I did it and no one died.

Tuesday, May 7: Playing Freelancer at Home


Simplicity 9816 blouse, the orange version (green version discussed here),  Butterick 5649 button front denim skirt, orange cropped cardigan by MAK, navy ribbed tights from Target, Simple sneakers, J. Crew belt.

Wednesday, May 8


An oldie-but-goody: Simplicity 4171 shirt dress, MAK mustard cropped cardigan, me-made black elastic belt with purchased buckle, Munro American oxfords

Thursday, May 9: Stitches Removed


Vogue 1203 brand-new denim skirt, New Look 6071 dress worn as a top, Kwik Sew leopard print camisole, Joan & David vintage combat boots (from eBay), No-Nonsense tights, thrifted black belt

Friday, May 10: Substituting Again!


Indygo Junction Day to Night Dress/Burda 7560, me-made flower pin, Munro American oxfords

And next week, I'm booked to substitute on Monday and Tuesday. Let's see what teacher-ific combinations I can come up with for that.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you brought out the funky for teaching. Show those kids adults don't have to dress conservatively/boring in roles of authority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your outfits are cute! I especially love that shirt dress paired with the mustard colored cardigan and the Indygo Junction dress.

    ReplyDelete