Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Belated



As an only child, I might have thought to marry someone with lots of brothers and sisters. But, well, other considerations (such as compatibility and emotion) won out. And so I have but one very dear, very far away brother-in-law. And he got married more than one year ago, with little fanfare, to a beautiful only child in Portland, Oregon.

Finally we are flying out to a belated celebration of their wedding! This little quilt and pillow will fly ahead of us, and I hope will make up for the delay.



The fabric is Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks (that woman is a right genius). The pattern is Amy Butler's Lotus Path. The quilting is...from the heart?

The quilt makes me happy just to look at, so it seems right for commemorating a union. A small family is just fine, when you love every member so much.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sewing blog! I am a sewer of paper -Piecework I call it - and a painter and i spied a used Dressmaker at a thrift shop yesterday. After searching for notes on such I found your blog and I am inspired! It is definitely worth plugging in and maybe the $10 they are asking for it. Your renovation of the old treadle is outstanding. I need a back up for my workhorse old Bernina, it sometimes falters just before a show! I'll keep checking on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the prettiest quilt I have ever seen! If I keep sewing, I will someday try to make one like it:) Such a wonderful gift.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete